Wifi disconnecting and LAN not connecting

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by Mohi, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Mohi

Mohi New Member

Hi Folks,
    I have a question and I hope some one can help me.
    I bought the Quad Udoo device and installed the Ubuntu version with vncserver (open).
    On my laptop I installed Putty to SSH the device.
    At first I tried to connect my Udoo with my Router. This worked but I had a lot of packet losses.
    After a while I moved my Udoo next to my Router and the connection was obviously better. (Full wifi bar at top).
    After this I tried to connect with SSH using Putty as discribed on the tutorials.
    Running VNCServer on the Udoo wasn't a problem and I could connect to the device.

The problem began when I waited a few minutes or hours.
    After a while I loose the connection between Router and Udoo. When I log into my Router web interface the device isn't listed in the DHCP client lint list any more. (Belkin Router). Restarting the router remotely doesn't solve the problem. I need to go down and pull out the Cable and put it in again. This hard-restart gives me connection for a couple of hours and then I loose the connection again.
    I tried every Router preset but nothing helps.

I guessed the screen-lock in Ubuntu caused the problem so I set it to never sleep/hibernate/lock...
    This didn't solve the problem.
    I then tried via connect the LAN RJ45 to my router but I didn't see any connection.
    Also my router couldn't see the connection.
    I think it's because Wifi Connection is used but I'm not sure.
    I tried to install a "Ralink 7601" Usb-Dongle to have a better signal. But the system refused to install the driver.

So I now have a Udoo device which disconnect every hour and I need to restart it to use it.
    I have Ralink 7601 USB dongle which can not be installed.
    I have no LAN cable connection.

Can some please help me with one or more of the above problem so that I can use and enjoy my device the way it is suposed to be?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Extra info:
    Current OS: Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, also tried Linaro Ubuntu 11.10.
    With Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean I have direct connection with Wifi network without signal or packet loss didn't try Cable.
    Quad Udoo version.
    Ralink 7601 - driver tried different versions (CD-rom and Download)
    Tried different cables (LAN) and different inputs on my Router.

2. Mohi

Mohi New Member

Resolved the Cable and the Wifi problem by reinstalling Debian instead of Ubuntu. I have the feeling it's more stable. I let you know if it works...

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Mohi we'll check this issues in Ubuntu in order to release a more stable version asap. Debian is a very fast and stable OS so you can go ahead with that for sure.

4. Achindra Bhatnagar

Achindra Bhatnagar New Member

It appears Wifi is still not stable. I see it is not working with N-band (my guess), it tried to connect and drops.
    wlan0: deauthenticating from <mac> (Reason: 15)

I tried an external USB wifi dongle and problem is still same. Tried online help, the utilities and commands people are suggesting are not available in the build. Files are also not in the suggested location, so this is been proving a greater problem. I bought quad model more than a year back and I end up doing all my experiments on Galileo, Raspberry and Arduino. Udoo proved disappointment.