wifi stops working (ieee80211 phy0: wlan6: No probe response

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jensbjorgensen, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jensbjorgensen

jensbjorgensen New Member

Wireless networking is not working consistently on my dual or quad udoo boards. I'm running the ubuntu image (1.2). The behavior I see is that when the board boots it will associate and acquire an IP address but after some time (several hundred seconds) it stops working. In the kernel log I see:

ieee80211 phy0: wlan6: No probe response from AP [...] after 500ms, disconnecting.

I have noticed that this problem does not manifest on /all/ wireless networks, but does so consistently on at least one. (No other regular computer has a problem on this wireless network however). The APs in question are Cisco.

I'm able to work around the problem by turning off power management this way:

iwconfig wlan6 power off

but unfortunately I've yet to find a means of turning it off automatically (NetworkManager dispatcher.d / udev rule). Seems like both of those should work however I still find that after the network comes up power management is turned on.

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Re: wifi stops working (ieee80211 phy0: wlan6: No probe resp

Yes, heard of this problem before and the only known workaround for those suffering this is to turn the power management of the WiFi off using iwconfig.