Win10 Install

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Tusc, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Tusc

Tusc New Member

I bought my x86 a few years back when they were new. My first one was faulty and replaced. A charger apparently also went bad while waiting for the replacement unit. When it came in, I shelved the kit in a drawer after getting Win10 on it and am just now coming back to it. I thought to use it as a simple media server and internet portal in my shop.

The unit powered on, I was in Win10 and had it set to go. Win10 apparently did updates and when I restarted the box it would not boot to OS.

I tried every repair function, some cmd options and Mbr and bootrec fix, tried altering bios settings between uefi and legacy and lscc settings. No luck with the installed Win10.

I have now created a boot USB to install Win10 freshly, since it won't repair. But I am stuck. Every time I attempt to install, it sees only the emmc drive and not the micro SD 128 I have. This would be fine, except windows will not install to any of the partitions on the emmc drive.

How can I proceed?

2. Tusc

Tusc New Member

I have gone to Boot Manager and selected the USB, but when I do that it says windows failed to start and a hardware or software change may be the cause, hit esc=uefi hardware settings.

But then if I just reboot it will load the USB prompt, and begin windows attempt to the same point above where it cannot install to the emmc.

3. Tusc

Tusc New Member

Solution: for all that, I found what I had missed and removed the micro SD drive leaving only the emmc and made sure it was the primary boot source in bios.