X86 Memory issues after BIOS update v1.06

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Philipp Dünnwald, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Philipp Dünnwald

Philipp Dünnwald New Member

Hello together,
    I have the X86 Advanced Plus. After a while of not using it I wanted now to install Windows 10 on it instead of the Ubuntu Linux that was on it. I booted up into the linux and everything worked just normal. After a while of failing to install Windows 10 next to the Ubuntu I've decided to wipe the emmc with a gparted usb stick.
    After that the install still seemed to have a error for me regarding the "media drivers not found". When I downloaded a different iso of Windows 10 that seemed to be fixed. But the install keeped aborting half way always with a variety of different error messages. Here a collection of most of the stop codes on the bluescreen.

REFERENCE BY POINTER

ATTEMTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY
    What failed: win32kfull.sys

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

DRIVER PORTION MUST BE NONPAGED

Or in pop-ups.
    Windows cannot install required files. Make sure that all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070022

In between install tries I could boot the gparted usb stick and clear partitions ect without problems.

So I decided maybe it's a good idea to upgrade the BIOS.
    So I went to UDOO website and there was version 1.06.
    I went through the install with FreeDOS as in the instructions of the documentation mentioned.

After that everything seemed still more or less normal. Tried to start the installation of windows again, but it would not get so far anymore.
    When trying to start gparted it would also fail in the boot sequence with Request memory region failed. or on another try I managed to get it started but then during running it would suddenly fail with
    BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address: 00000000000018

I went to try to start memtest86 that is on the gparted stick and it seems to read many errors.

So I suspect the RAM to be broken.
    What are your thoughts on this?

After that I now also still tried to downgrade the BIOS to 1.04 but it fails with
    Error: Allocate Physical Memory failed (buffer2)

So I guess I can forget the board?