XBMC + lvds 7"

Discussion in 'XBMC' started by Sandroelec, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Sandroelec

Sandroelec New Member

Hi there i've installed my first XBMC downloaded from the official website of udoo. i've connected my lvds touch screen bought by the udoo shop i've tried the string for ubuntu or android that work perfectly but i cannot see xbmc on my lvds. how i can connect it? ho w i can connect my xbmc to wireless?
    It's possible to write some application for xbmc? wich compiler i have to use?
    thank you

Sandro

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there Sandroelec,
    XBMC doesn't work on our LVDS screen, you have to rely on the HDMI port. XBMC is not a distro supported by the UDOO Team, but by the XBMC Team - vpeter is part of the XBMC Team and also part of this community, so for any issues regarding XBMC apps please contact vpeter.
    If you are curious about which distro is supported and which is not, get a look at http://www.udoo.org/downloads/
    Cheers!

3. HarryKane

HarryKane New Member

Hi Andrea,

on the new website OpenELEC seems to be officially supported to me. I would love to use my UDOO and the 7" touch screen with OpenELEC. I don't know much about the difficulties to make such things run, but I would appreciate your support for the hardware you are selling.

Best regards!

4. vpeter

vpeter Active Member

When I prepared OpenELEC for Udoo I focused only on HDMI output. Don't even have lvds screen to see how it behaves. Also analog audio output is supported only over HDMI.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  5. HarryKane

HarryKane New Member

Hi Peter,

at first, I want to thank you for your efforts to bring OpenELEC to udoo.

Is there anything I (or anyone else) can do to make the LVDS screen work with OpenELEC? I have no idea how to make this work or where to start, but I am eager to learn and to help.

Best regards!

6. vpeter

vpeter Active Member

I wouldn't know. Maybe it is just a matter of setting correct uEnv.txt bootloader config. Maybe there is something missing in device tree. Or maybe something in kernel. I don't know and I can't check (no lvds screen).

Also my private support for other imx6 devices in Openelec is lower every day because official Openelec has no intension to support other then SolidRun's products (they are partner and others are not).

Last edited: May 9, 2015