Discussion in 'XBMC' started by lsronga, Nov 18, 2013.
But how will I install xbmc, without erasing my sd card?
I guess you need a new microSD card if you don't want to erase the one you have now.
Is going to be release of XBMC for the dual-core Udoo?
Thanks for the effort guys !
Of course, it's the next step
What I meant was, what if I want to use xbmc along with another Linux distro, and just want install with synaptic, or build and compile from scratch? I don't plan to use my udoo as a standalone platform for xbmc, when it can do so much more. Tvheadend backend, torrents and much more.
1) .. argh there is no FUSE in this kernel .. pls pls integrate it ! .. Need it to get Truecrypt running .. Shouldnt be hard to include it but it would be awesome for ppl which needs fuse mounts
2) allready tried to get a xbmc.bin running on default debian .. its compiling but stucking at loading the alsa driver .. it cant find /dev/mixer .. and i couldnt find any solutions to get it working ..
Could you tell us what you changed in the image of Stephen that it is running on udoo?
I have a bug to report:
I installed the latest image and everything seemed great for a while but then I started getting consistent freezing... I would watch an episode of Dexter and after about 10 or more minutes the video would freeze and the screen go black. I could then get back to the main XBMC GUI menu by hitting escape but I would notice the usual GUI background had changed to a blank image and It wouldn't play the same Dexter when I selected it until I rebooted the Udoo...hope I'm not the only one
-NFS mount seems ok
-unable to install any add-ons
-unable to turn on TV service (in system options) -> freeze
-unable to set correct keyboard mapping (language ok, but not the keyboard)
-some strange effects when i paused a movie (some marks remain on the screen)
-in system info, about networking, when i wait some seconds, the status change to busy then come to normal...
-root ssh access don't ask password ! :-\ (BAD on network device)
-please install nano, htop, apt-get by default ?
lsb command like lsb_release -a (or cat /etc/lsb-release) give nothing. Not lsb base?
Here are my bug reports:
-mounts are quite ok (NFS, USB)
-compiled Truecrypt successfully .. but it fails while mounting cauz fuse kernel support is missing (.. its just a flag .. pls use it next time you compile the kernel) .. need it to open my holyday vids + photos which are on encrypted HDDs
- ssh works
- network working
- sometimes it freezes after watching ~15mins
- freaky artefacts on screen while pausing a video
- no more network related hangs
- samba shares support is ok
- keymap is wrong, may be I can set it in the settings xml userdata file.
- ssh works fine (+1 for a default password)
- no freeze but some slow fps after a few minutes (~20fps instead of 24fps, not so bad but enough to be noticeable). May be related to cpu/gpu heat? any sensors we can check? CPU is under 60°c but can't see any temp for the GPU, or is it the same chip?
@alexisj htop is really heavy, top is already in the image. apt-get? it's yocto, not sure it's based on debian.
htop is no problem to get compiled on your selfs
go into you home folder
wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/ma ... rig.tar.gz
tar xfz htop_1.0.1.orig.tar.gz
go into the new htop dir (htop-1.0.1)
-> working htop hf
Sorry to get quite fundamental but I can't connect to Wifi on the latest image.
It loads without problems, Then I select programs - Network Manager and no networks are displayed. Manually entering networks doesn't work either.
Anyone have Any ideas?
Nothing essential but wifi firmware and other small changes.
However Stephan is contributing directly to this forum in a section of this site. Follow him for new releases and upgrades.
I switch from a Raspberry PI to a UDOO Quad.
The binary works fine, but the usability is restricted.
- My TV Remote Control doesn't work anymore (Raspy => UDOO). With my Raspy, my RC (via HDMI) works fine (the left-right-up-down and OK buttons, etc.)
- I can't plug-in mouse and keyboard after XMBC has stared. When I remote connect over SSH from a PC to my UDOO-board and display the drivers (= dmesg), I see that the peripherals are dected, so XMBC could be the problem.
Is there any futher progression?
Is it psossible for you to provide a link to the nuncompressed image file? I am having issues using the XZ utiltiy.
I am using 7-Zip File Manager and have no problem to extract.
How to connect a wifi with WPA2 key?
Go to Programs, Click on "Network-Manager," click on your SSID, and enter your password.
Bump on the thread about XBMC and specifically not Gotham working on UDOO. Any further work on this? Or maybe just some notes and sharing to help the community to keep the project moving? Thanks.
Separate names with a comma.