Beta Firmware Issues

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Xeyrruken, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

Hello, I have installed the Beta FIrmware sent via Email C400RC13.105, it is getting stuck after finishing main block verification, nothing else like the instructions says in the PDF.

I have restarted the bolt and now it is uber slow, it takes like 2 minutes to boot the bios screen and like 5 minutes to load windows.
    Can't get past yellow line, it says done and all but nothings happens after that one
    upload_2019-11-5_21-2-41.png

EFI mode throws me a warning like the USB drive doesn't contain the .efi file

2. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

Password: udoobolt

3. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

Additionally when i i tried first bios_updater_x64 C400RC13.105 i got a BSOD

4. Micka41

Micka41 UDOOer

Same problem :
    It is very, very slow: my Bolt takes 2 minutes to start whereas before in less than 30 seconds Ubuntu was available.

For the fan, it is always 100%...

5. Deluxe

Deluxe UDOOer

Can you see USB-C and Embedded Controller firmware in bios? I had the issue of very slow startup after updating the firmware too, and I had "Unknown" in version of both USB-C and Embedded controller firmwares until after I powered the Bolt down and unplug the power. After that I could see firmware versions again and Bolt initialized much faster.

I still have problem with fan which goes to 100% after Bolt shuts down (orange power led).

6. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

@Micka41 @Deluxe

I manage to Install the bios as expected, to fix the slow performance, after the reboot, turn off the bolt and unplug from power and press for 15 seconds the power button. After that everything was back to "normal" I feel it was a little bit faster on previous firmware.

7. Zgembo

Zgembo UDOOer

Same here, after 2-3 reboots following flashing, only full power cycle would restore things back to "normal"...

8. FastFreddi

FastFreddi UDOOer

Thanks for this. Things were really slow with the BIOS and boot. USB-C Port controller menu option said unknown for silicon ID/ Bootload/ Firmware 1 & 2. Monitor hardware parameters and settings option cause the system to become unresponsive for a few moments with nothing showing in that menu section. After power cycle USB-C show version info and Monitor Hardware show temp/volts and fan RPM

9. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys,
    I've asked the people that are taking care of the BIOS, and it's normal for the update to take a few cycles to be complete.

Make sure to let Ettore know about any feedback.

Thank you for volunteering guys!

10. Zgembo

Zgembo UDOOer

Yes, it is quite normal few reboot cycles are required. However, it is pretty abnormal that power cycle is required. Ettore and the crew should totally be aware of this.

11. zidamouge

zidamouge UDOOer

Finally got the rc13.105 firmware installed and so far I am liking the availability to keep the fan running. After looking at the settings the main thing i could see a potential of people wanting is AC0 having the availability to be a much lower temperature. Just wanted to mention before a release candidate becomes official.

12. zidamouge

zidamouge UDOOer

after a small amount of testing fan control still seems to be 100% or off or 0% the ramp up speed is nice though. the setting state fan duty cycle % as a speed for temps above AC1 but if fan duty cycle % = less than 100% the fan is off till it hits the temp stated by AC0.

13. Zgembo

Zgembo UDOOer