- Last Activity:
- Apr 17, 2023
- Apr 17, 2023
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
New Member, Male, 24, from UK
- Yash Machhi was last seen:
- Apr 17, 2023
- Jul 2, 1999 (Age: 24)
- Home Page:
What is Contour Interval?
A contour interval in surveying is the vertical distance or the distinction in the elevation between the two contour strains in a topographical map. Usually there are one of a kind contour intervals for the special maps. Considering the dimension of the region to be mapped, contour intervals are assumed. In each map, on the right-hand backside side, the contour interval is specified. When the contour interval is now not detailed in the map, it can be calculated as defined in the following sections. The typically used contour interval is 20 toes for a 1:24,000 map scale.
Also Read: Different Washers
Contour Lines in Detail
Contour traces have a quantity of points in frequent regardless of the land proven on a given map. Some of these are evident at a glance, however you may additionally now not respect them or their significance except a formal explanation.
Contour strains have the following regular characteristics:
- They in no way pass every other, divide or split.
- Closely spaced contour traces symbolize steeper slopes, whilst strains that are spaced a ways aside depict gentler inclines and declines.
- They create upward developments on the facets of valleys and structure a V- or a U-shape at circulate crossings.
Uses Of Contour Interval In Surveying
The makes use of of contour interval in surveying are as follows,
- Interval is utilized when a massive house is to be mapped to a small piece of paper.
- A greater interval is utilized for a large vicinity and smaller intervals for a smaller area.
- In a large map, index contour traces are plenty much less to hold the map and are easy to learn.
- To discover the peak of the intermediate point, the interval is utilized.
- Earthquake estimation for the dam, bridge, or avenue can be observed with the assist of contour intervals inside the map.
- As intervals are for the computation of the vertical elevation of an area, a comparable way to compute the horizontal distance is termed Horizontal Equivalent.
- The horizontal distance between two factors on two consecutive contour traces for a furnished slope is recognized as the horizontal equivalent.
Contour Interval Examples, Considering the above map, the steps worried in contour interval calculation are, Let’s assume, 7000 and 7100 and calculate the interval between it. Now distinction between 7100 and 7000 is 7100 - 7000 = a hundred The wide variety of contour traces in-between 7000 and 7100 are four Adding 1 to 4, four + 1 = 5 Now dividing one hundred by means of 5, 100/5 = 20 devices The Contour Interval of the above map us 20 Units.
Also Read: Weep Holes Purpose