UCASE - UDOO Sheet metal case

Discussion in 'Cases' started by kindiss, Apr 1, 2014.

1. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

Share the space the HDD/SSD? Add a door with a screw for easy replacement of the batteries. I'm thinking of adding hole a for rubber duckie antennae for Wi-Fi, on my chassis.

2. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

Another option to consider; using a light pipe for the green LED on the board, and put it through the side. Like a power on indicator. Some peoples might want it, some peoples might not.

3. maba

maba New Member

Case arrived.
    Very good quality.

Thanks.

4. arnaldoarmida

arnaldoarmida New Member

Hi.
    I'm interested buying your case which I think is very much nice.
    Can you tell me what's the way to do it?
    Thanks.
    Arnaldo Armida

Can you please reply to my emaiul address
    arnaldo.armida@gmail.com

5. kindiss

kindiss Member

Hi,

You can select what you need here:
    https://ucase.odoo.com/shop
    fill the form and confirm, shortly I will send you quotation with shipping cost included.

Regards,
    Mindaugas

6. dcosmin

dcosmin New Member

Hello,

I received my case a week or two ago. Amazing work and quality! Thanks!
    I saw in one of the pictures there is a hole for the camera, but I fail to see how it is intended to be assembled. How is the camera supposed to be fixed to the case? Should the small rectangle that is cut on top be popped out ? Or is the cable just supposed to come out through one of the holes so the camera is completely out of the case (and perhaps in its own enclosing)?

Thanks!

7. kindiss

kindiss Member

Hello UDOO'ers

I had to leave this project for some time because of lack of time. But I thinking to return back and continue my work.
    First thing what I thinking to do is decease weight and shipping price. If I will use aluminum to make top cover and hdd space will it solve WiFi issue too?

kindiss

8. nmalinoski

nmalinoski New Member

I don't believe aluminum would help; it still creates a Faraday Cage around the WiFi module's teeny antenna.

To get around this, the cover would need to be made of a different material (ABS plastic?), or users would need a replacement WiFi module with external antennae hookups (As mentioned in the thread for the other metal case) and somewhere on the case to mount one or more external antennae; otherwise, they'll have to deal with poor or no WiFi reception.

In any case, I hope this case becomes available again; I haven't been pleased with the lack of commercially-available cases.

9. pgheude

pgheude New Member

Hello,

is there any chance that you are contemplating making a case for the UDOO X86.
    It fits in the old case. I purchased a spare and I was thinking of modifying it to support the UDOO X86 however if you are planning a new version for the X86 I will wait.

Kind regards,
    Peter

Attached Files:

10. kindiss

kindiss Member

Hello,
    I got my UDOO x86 it is realy good! Now I am collecting informaion and thinking what to do to make good case for all situations. Soon I will come with my ideas to discuss.

Best regards,
    kindiss

LDighera likes this.
  11. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Hello Mindaugas Palubinskas,

It's good to see you active again in the Udoo forum.

I purchased one of your Udoo Quad cases, and am very impressed with your professionalism of design and execution. I look forward to your X86 case when it becomes available. I'd like to see the SSD below the board as an option, as the X86 supports an m.2 SSD, so an external drive would be somewhat redundant. The issue of the case blocking WIFI antenna is less problematic with the X86, as external antennas are provided with the Udoo M.2 Wi-Fi Intel dual band ac Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 hardware.

As I intend to use the X86 as part of a portable amateur radio station, so EMI radiation is a concern. There's a very professionally written article by the author of linrad SDR about suppressing computer EMI here: http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/hware/quietpc.htm. I hope you will find it constructive in designing your new X86 case.

Best regards,
    Larry

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. g0su

g0su New Member

Really nice!

13. TOMillr

TOMillr New Member

Any news on a case for the X64 Udoo?

Also, I'd like to know what's the height limitation of your case? Can you install one of those large 2,5" drives with a z-heigt of 15mm?