Usb Direct connection for UDOO Neo Not Working

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Arr Vee, Dec 22, 2015.

1. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Normally the Usb connection does not need the CDC driver so something is wrong.
    Check cable, Usb port on Udoo and pc, power (do you use external power or Usb power).

And most important does the Neo start correctly.
    You cannot check with Usb so you have to check with hdmi connected (do you see a desktop) or Ethernet connected (can you see the configuration website of the Neo).
    Also try to write a new udoobuntu image to your SD card if above fails.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  2. Berk

Berk New Member

Hi Andrea,

I have a problem with amperage. My UDOO Neo is full edition. While I am working on my project, it is locked. So, I think this is related with amperage. It uses 1.0A. So, that's my question; will take any damage my device If I use 2.5A?

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

As stated here (http://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Hardware_Reference/Power_Management.html) you can power the Neo with max 2A from the micro USB (*5V=10W) .
    If you are connecting more peripherals to the Neo you better use the 12V power, max 2A (24W). If you connect even more than you have to power the peripherals externally from a second power source.

4. Berk

Berk New Member

Thank you so much, waltervl. I decided that not to use 2.5A adaptor. It may cause damage to the board.