Dead Udoo x86

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by rEvoke, Jan 20, 2018.

1. rEvoke

rEvoke UDOOer

Hello!!

Today when I turned on my Udoo, it would not respond to ssh login, then I noticed that ethernet was not blinking, however the green led was on. Then I went to connect a monitor through HDMI and a USB keyboard, nothing, I was not even getting any video signal.

Browsing throughout the forum, I found this link:

https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/doesnt-start-flashing-green-amber.7044/#post-26998

And tried what was suggested there, but it did not work, the only response I get from the board is when I short circuit the Reset pins next to the LED, which then turn amber for a second and returns to green. Even when I connect the USB keyboard (tried all ports) it does not turn the caps lock on in any case. Consider as well I used three power supplies, three monitors and two different keyboards.

Is there a way to identify where the problem is and how to solve it?? Would anyone be an expert and make suggestions to return from the dead this board?? I was really happy with it as I got it from the kickstarted campaign.

Thanks,

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you update the UEFI/Bios to the latest version (v1.03) when it came out? Then you can reset the UEFI through some hardware options and try to get into UEFI by hitting ESC, ESC, ESC during boot. https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/UEFI_Firmware.html

When you put in an USB stick with Ubuntu Live perhaps this will start booting if you are lucky.

Else you have to contact Customer Care and open a ticket: https://www.udoo.org/customer-care/open.php

rEvoke likes this.
  3. rEvoke

rEvoke UDOOer

@waltervl thank you for your reply.

Nop, I did not update the UEFI, last night I went to sleep and it was working, next day I woke up and it stopped working :(

I tried removing all elements from the board: M.2, Intel WiFi, battery, USB or Video; even then it was still not doing anything.

About accessing UEFI, I tried that several times, but the board seemed to skip completely video/USB initialization, as it did not show anything on the screen or the keyboard did not work, considering that the "caps lock" key did not turn on.

As you suggest, I did the Ubuntu Live USB Stick, but still it did not recognized it.

Regarding the customer care ticket, how would that work @waltervl?

Regards,

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

If you are lucky the tech guys at Udoo customer care know a way how to get your board alive. And perhaps you still have warranty.

5. rEvoke

rEvoke UDOOer

Fingers Crossed, I just had opened a new ticket. Thanks @waltervl

6. drc85

drc85 Member

did u tried to press ESCAPE right after the start a few times?
    there should pop up a windows with the bios... where u can also select the boot device.. it is not booting from it self into usb....