Power supply compatibility list

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Flash2k6, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Gerry Havinga

Gerry Havinga UDOOer

Correction: make called Zedar

2. Tatsugen

Tatsugen New Member

3. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

I'm using the Dell D6000 USB 3.1 and USB-C Dock, it is working flawlessly, I have additional ports and I'm only using one USB-C on the bolt.

4. jfs10

jfs10 UDOOer

The power supply is not the cause of my problem. The last time it happened, I felt the power supply, and it was barely warm.

5. anlumo

anlumo UDOOer

The AUKEY PA-Y12 power supply is confirmed not working.

6. someone_passingby

someone_passingby UDOOer

Sharing pricey but minimalistic adapters (recommended to those who value minimalism over money):

USB-C option: Innergie 60C USB-C Laptop Adapter (Int'l)
    http://www.myinnergie.com/us/product/136

To Buy: https://amzn.com/B07GBXMN78

DC Barrel option (HP laptop tip): Innergie 65U Laptop Adapter (Int'l)
    http://www.myinnergie.com/us/product/145

To Buy (Warning: I purchased Int'l version, but this is US only version): https://amzn.com/B07N83V64F

I can every single eletronic device I have including Udoo Bolt with the above.
    Recommended for those who want to have one/two charger(s) for all, but it/they come(s) at a price.

7. R41

R41 UDOOer

Hi UDOO, need help/advice here. I think I fried my UDOO BOLT. Not sure if the adapter is faulty or the mobo is faulty.
    See HDMI CN20 area. You can see that spot looks burnt.

[​IMG]

My whole house blacked out the moment i turn the power on.
    The saddest part, I didn't get to use this board as I powered it for the very first time.
    This is the AC Adapter i used (shown below).

[​IMG]

Any advice, guys? I don't know whether to cry or live with heart ache.

8. ehf

ehf UDOOer

Will a 90W HP Envy 17 series Power Supply that has 4.5*3.0 light blue work on the Bolt V8 without trouble?

9. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

That burnt area is a zero ohm resistor (serving as a poorman's fuse) on the HDMI port.
    It seems that the power surge came in from the HDMI cable (believe it or not, I had heard a similar story from a friend that thunder came thru HDMI cable; in his case, the fancy HDTV was a goner...)

10. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Does it say 19V 4.74A (or similar)? If true, and with a light-blue plug, most likely it will work. YMMV

11. fxlevy

fxlevy UDOOer

12. ej_1090

ej_1090 UDOOer

Currently using Dell DA130PE1-00 130W power supply with a Dell power supply to HP power supply adapter
    [search string]
    "DC Power Charger Converter Adapter Cable 7.4mm To 4.5mm"

13. DJVT

DJVT UDOOer

Hello,
    currently I am using an apple 87 W USB-C power supply which works fine for now. It can also be run in line with a dongle to get more USB ports. For later use I have a battery managment system called openUPS. But for being able to use it I need to get a matching power plug, which I am having a hard time finding. Anyone knowing a source?

14. m0j0

m0j0 UDOOer

I run the Bolt with a Dell 130W power adapter which was lying around. This power adapter delivers 19.5V and some generous 6.67A providing a huge buffer of power. And it is slim and the cable can be wrapped nicely to store the adapter.

Dell 6TTY6

15. Tylerlooney92

Tylerlooney92 New Member

Hi every one, im new to the forum, but i had a question about the power delivery options using the usb type c. Is it possible to use a usb type c mobile battery bank like cell phones use to power the udoo bolt v8. I want to invest in the bolt but need it to be mobile and easy to maintain with out having to go through a million break out circuits just to get power from a mobile power bank to the bolt when i could just hook it up with the c cord and battery bank. So have any of you used a type c battery bank to power the bolt before?

16. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

You'll need a USB-C PD battery pack with the proper spec (19V 3A or 20V 3A).
    Lower ones (like what you've stated) won't work.
    Have you read through this thread, such as this one?
    https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/power-supply-compatibility-list.27218/#post-53304

17. MattB

MattB New Member

Sure. I run mine from a Zendure Supertank occasionally. I couldn't give you a runtime on it though, since I haven't done extended runs like that. It's a little pricey, but I'm sure there are cheaper options out there. As noted above, and in the documentation, the battery will need to support the 20V 3A power profile.

18. rushboardtechuk

rushboardtechuk UDOOer

19. zhangster

zhangster UDOOer

is there a button or a pin that needs to be flipped to make the UDOO Bolt work with USB-C? I'm using a 20V 3A USB C Charger / gen2 cable and only the arduino light blinks on and off when i plug in the USB C Cord

20. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

It's automatic (actually automagic) when a proper USB-C power adapter and a correct USB-C cable are used.
    When the right adapter and right cable is used, it's magic!
    When anything that is out of spec, NO, it won't work and you won't have a clue why. That's the ugly side of that magic coin.

There is no layman tool (can try WEB-U2 tester) or anything visual that can show the user it definitely will work. The issue fall under the USB-C design (overly complex and too many moving parts) and the continuous push to say "it's universal" but in reality it is not.

This is why there is the list in this thread
    and also I always tell people try to use that DC 19V jack to verify BOLT is working properly first, (then spend your spare time to wrestle with the ugly USB-C PD scheme.)