any CMSIS library for UDOO NEO full ?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by radipta, Oct 16, 2017.

1. radipta

radipta New Member

hi guys, now I am developing RTOS for Cortex M family and the target board, for now, is the udoo neo (Cortex M4). previous research has done by the previous researcher using arduino due (Cortex M3). Now I want to port the RTOS for udoo neo. But unfortunately, there is no CMSIS library such as core_cm4.h which I use a lot to access the processor when I installed the board library in arduino IDE.
    But I found it for arduino due board in :

.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include/core_cm4.h

is anyone knows anything about that, and also any specific datasheet about the structure of udoo neo? any info will be helpful.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I cannot help you on your specific CMSIS question.
    Udoo Neo Arduino side implementation now uses a closed sourced Freescale/NXP MQX (RTOS) library.
    Implementation of this can be found in the solox folder of this github repository: https://github.com/UDOOboard/arduino-board-package/tree/boardmanager/udoo

Please also read this: https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Hardware_Reference/Overview.html and especially the Freescale (now NXP) reference manual that can be downloaded from there. The dependencies between M9 and M4 processor makes it all a little bit more complex.

3. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

If you switch to using FreeRTOS for i.mx6sx then CMSIS library is available.

4. radipta

radipta New Member

thanks for the help, I will check it out

5. radipta

radipta New Member

I've found the FreeRTOS for i.MX6SX download page. And now what IDE and dependencies that i should use?

and also how to upload the .bin or any related flash image to udoo neo?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017