BIOS BETA UPDATE 1.06RC04

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by evaloverde, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Artem

Artem UDOOer

I have been using the Bolt with a 65W USB-C charger and I do not own a 19V power supply. Will it be possible to update BIOS using USB-C when this or next update releases?

2. Xathian

Xathian UDOOer

The fan management options do not work for me. I have it set to this

AC0 temp = 80
    AC1 temp = 50
    Temp Hysteresis = 3
    FAN Duty Cycle % = 50
    Speed Change Duration = 50

But nothing changes, the fan only turns on when I get above 80C, when it's between 50 and 80 it sometimes makes a little "kick" like it rotates 5 degrees, but it never spins up to 50% like it's supposed, it just sits there until I hit 80C then it jumps to 100%

3. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

I do not recommend you use the USB-C for bios update, if the Bios update includes an USB-C revision update it will be totally wipe out and then added again during the process, this could cause the system to partially lose power or have a voltage drop on the USB-C, update with the 19v port.

4. Quotic

Quotic UDOOer

I had the same problem. I created a ticket and Udoo replaced my FAN with a new one! This is working now better. I have only the problem, that the fan doesn't stop after Shutdown..

5. Xathian

Xathian UDOOer

Yep, thanks. Put in a replacement request and the new fan works exactly as it should. Quite impressed actually, I set it to run at 50% speed when under 80C and I can't even get the thing to hit 80C at all anymore, even when throwing VRay renders and Prime95 at it, the 50% fan speed (which is pretty quiet) holds it at around 65C at most.

6. PNO3

PNO3 UDOOer

7. PNO3

PNO3 UDOOer

after installing the update 1.06 listed on this thred I now have the option to change my fan settings in BIOS as shown in https://www.udoo.org/docs-bolt/BIOS_UEFI_and_Tools/Fan_Settings.html!!! A glorious win! I am a an early kickstarter purchase and before this update the Advanced --> Embedded Controller had no fan options. Unfortunately this update has slowed my boot time to more than 2 full earth minutes. Is there any fix for this?

8. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hey PNO,
    unfortunately there's no visual feedback to the installation of the Update, and it takes a few shutdown for it to be completely installed. That's why the reboots have been slow. Be patient and in no time the update will be completely installed and it's going to be as fast as before (if not more)