BIOS settings resetting unintentionally

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by wolffam320, Jun 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. wolffam320

wolffam320 New Member

Hi all!

I am using a fleet of UDOOs in a headless manner and, upon provisioning, I update the BIOS boot settings to switch over to "Legacy" boot to avoid ever booting into the EFI shell (as well as disabling the Arduino).
    However, I have found that sometimes an UDOO will end up booting into that EFI shell regardless and upon inspection, the BIOS setting was switched back over to Dual Boot (as was the Arduino setting). This is a pain since it requires a monitor and keyboard to fix and the UDOO is not in the most accessible location.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing that setting to reset? The RTC battery status reports "okay" and the UDOO is not physically touched (no jumper pin was moved) when the issue occurs.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. wolffam320

wolffam320 New Member

3. Juamanix

Juamanix UDOOer

If you are getting this kind of problem, you should start with your bios settings and check your hard disk's contacts inside your PC.

4. Oysterminate

Oysterminate UDOOer

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.