How did you get OpenGL? Thought it was impossible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Patola, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Patola

Patola New Member

This is a message to the UDOO admins:

How did you manage to get OpenGL instead of only OpenGL/ES on an ARM SoC?

If someone asked me before I knew about UDOO, I would say it was impossible. I even have two other i.MX6 Quad devices and none of them run OpenGL, only OpenGL/ES.

I searched the web for information on it and could not find anything useful.

Please, share with us! How did you got this incredible feat? An URL would be ok as a response, I just want to know the hows and wheres.

2. miousername

miousername New Member

Hi Patola,

Udoo supports with current filesystem opengl,opengl es, opencl,openvg, wayland!

If I'm right udoo is opengl 2.0 compliant! With the last filesystem you can run glmark2, so you have a lot of GL extension!
    A developer posted a video that shows a sdl demo:

http://www.udoo.org/udoo-supports-full-opengl-hardware-acceleration/

To achieve this result you have to compile manualy xserver libraries and you have to use Vivante binaries for the right release of the kernel.

3. Patola

Patola New Member

Yes, I understand it works, but how did you do it? As I said, I have two other i.MX6Q boards and they do not have opengl.

The most I could find was this comment on the URL you pasted here: "Although freescale do support OpenGL as part of their BSP support, the API is very limited." -- so, did you do anything else? It's hard to search the web for OpenGL on ARM since OpenGL/ES always pop up, so it becomes obscured due to the terms.

4. miousername

miousername New Member

Yes,

I try to post a wiki to show how to get sdl working on udoo.

Sdl is opengl based!