Ubuntu 18.04 for UDOO Quad/Dual

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by Francesco, Sep 25, 2019.

1. abektes

abektes New Member

Thank you Evaloverde. Firstly, The wifi is not working and I don't see any prompt for password. Secondly, I don't see any browser and tried to install chromium-browser with apt install but I think that it is working but problem at rendering - I see black boxes. Which browser can I use with 18.04? Any ideas? Maybe I can get some help about these issues, thank you.

2. Totalslaughter

Totalslaughter New Member

So tried this a couple times flashing to microsd with win32disk for a quad. When trying to boot I get a quick black screen with UDOO logo for a second and then get no hdmi out signal ever again after that. Any ideas what might be causing this not to work / things to try? Thanks.

3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hello there. Unfortunately, Francesco doesn't work with us anymore, so we don't know if he'll update this version. It has to be considered a user made update

4. abektes

abektes New Member

So, it means that there is no support for UDOO Quad, right? How can we use this board in a secure way, can you guide us? Cheers,

5. mert

mert UDOOer

I was hopeful to find a more secure, updated kernel and OS base for UDOO QUAD but this is a bit frustrating. It came down to; "buy a couple good boards but forget about them in a few years and buy newer ones".

Discouraging.

Will we ever have a chance to get a good official distro like Francesco's?