UDOO QUAD/DUAL uses the Ralink/Mediatek RT5370 to provide the Wi-Fi connectivity. Ralink/MediaTek RT5370 is a system on a chip (SOC) with a USB 2.0 interface for 802.11n Wi-Fi at data rates up to 150Mbit/s. RT5370 features integrated 802.11n baseband and MAC (media access control), power amplifier and low-noise amplifier, along with both transmit-receive and antenna diversity switches. Together with an optimised RF architecture and baseband algorithms, RT5370 gives superb performance and reliable throughput with low power consumption.
Ralink RT5370(DC/DC) MAC/BBP
- 802.11n (2.4GHz)
- 1T1R with 150Mbit/s PHY data rate
- Antenna diversity switch
- USB 2.0 interface
- QoS, multiple BSSID, Cisco CCX 5.0
- Advanced power management
- Voltage Range: DC 5.0V ± 5%
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 70°C
- Operating Humility: RH 95% (Non-Condensing)
- Storage Humidity: RH 95% (Non-Condensing)
More information are available on Mediatek page.
Connecting to Wi-Fi networks
You can connect to wireless networks by:
- using the network utility in the UDOObuntu desktop environment (in the bottom-right corner).
- using the Web Control Panel, in Configuration/Network settings;
Improve Wi-Fi signal performances
UDOO's Wi-Fi modules comes with an on-board PCB antenna. To improve the Wi-Fi signal performances you can follow this tutorial to use an external antenna via soldered RF cable: Mod your UDOO to Improve Wi-Fi Performances.