No CDC Serial driver for Windows 32 Enterprise 32-bit

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by bryan20miles, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bryan20miles

bryan20miles New Member

Title says most of it.
    The rest of it is that the Neo enumerates four of the five devices (don't recall what they all are), but the CDC Serial driver cannot be found by Microsoft update or 'local drive'. Is there a UDOO CDC Serial driver available? I know that other USB-serial devices provide the driver with the product.
    Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Bryan

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. bryan20miles

bryan20miles New Member

Yes, I followed the instructions. The RNDIS kit driver also did not load, so following the manual fixed that problem. Like I mentioned, when I initially plugged in the USB cable to my computer, five devices were enumerated. Only three devices loaded drivers successfully, then I fixed the RNDIS issue, and now am only left with this CDC Serial driver problem.

Bryan

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

How have you fixed the RNDIS issue? And what was this issue?

5. bryan20miles

bryan20miles New Member

Yes, the RNDIS issue is fixed.
    Using VNC I can connect a session to the NEO. It seems to be working fine.
    In my Windows Device Manager, there is a device called CDC Serial which was enumerated when I first plugged the NEO into my computer using USB. A driver was not found on the Windows update site, or locally on my hard drive. If I uninstall the device and then scan for new devices, it finds the CDC Serial device but cannot find a driver for it.
    In my experience, a CDC Serial driver is needed for any USB device which emulates a serial port on the computer. Also, in my experience, the manufacturer of the USB device provides the CDC Driver with the device, and the driver is different, from different manufacturers. I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise edition; I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

Also, as long as I'm writing, is there any documentation for using the temperature measuring block which came with my NEO?

Thank you Andrea/Charles/Jorge :),

Bryan

6. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

7. Danilo Micu

Danilo Micu New Member

I got the same problem as yours and my computer has Windows 7 64-bit. I even installed the CP210x driver on this link:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

I was expecting after the install of this driver I can see the COM ports that I can use for Putty.
    I hope someone has found the fix to this problem? Is this a Windows 7 issue?
    I will try connecting my Udoo Neo to my windows 8 computer, it might work

Thanks

8. Danilo Micu

Danilo Micu New Member

I tried using my Windows 8 64 bit computer it also have the CDC Serial Driver issue shown at the Windows device manager.

Anyone solve this problem.

I am open to even modifying INF files and even registry items to make it work.

Thanks,
    Danilo Micu

9. Danilo Micu

Danilo Micu New Member

Although I did not fix the Windows CDC Serial Driver issue to make serial monitor via USBOTG. I found that this method described in this link is a useful workaround:

http://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Arduino_M4_Processor/Communication.html

I thought this method was not easy way to monitor A4 but it does work !!!

I still want the Windows CDC Serial fix if someone can find the solution to my Windows 7 and 8 64-bit issue.

Thanks to all those who reports their problems and the problem solvers,
    Happy Udoomaking

10. Danilo_Burbano

Danilo_Burbano New Member

Just UDOO NEO board . I have connected to the motherboard via a direct USB connection. I can not open the web control panel using 192.168.7.2 . in windows 7 because i have problem with CDC Serial driver

11. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

12. Lothar

Lothar New Member

Hi,

I got the same problem with Windows 7 64 Bit. I solved it by using the "Arduino USB Serial Light Adapter" that is installed together with the Arduino IDE.

waltervl likes this.