UDOO X86 Alimentation

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Darknain, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Darknain

Darknain New Member

Hello,

I would like to know if powering the arduino 101 through pins (+12V, +5V, +3,3V from CN12) will also power the intel braswell aswell ? Do I need to power the 3 pins or only the 12V to power them both?
    What is the maximum current these pins can support?
    I would like to connect this UDOO X86 to an mbed card to communicate through I2C or SPI.
    Do I need to know something special about these pins ? I read in another thread that the I2C pins are 1,8 V I/O is it true? I didn't read it the manual for the intel mercurie.

[​IMG]

Thanks the help

2. Darknain

Darknain New Member

Only the Braswell processor is 1,8V compliant.
    Warning! Warning: UDOO X86 Pins controlled by the main Braswell processor are 1.8V only compliant. Providing higher voltages, like 3.3V or 5V, could irreversibly damage the board. In order to properly work with an input voltage different from 1.8V use a bidirectional level shifter.
    I found the information here :
    https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/Pinout_Braswell.html

3. Laura

Laura UDOOer

4. Darknain

Darknain New Member

Thanks for the reply
    I would like to power this Udoo x86 through another circuit which would be plugged to the arduino pins, that's why I don't wanna use the DC Jack(12V). Is it possible and how ?

5. Darknain

Darknain New Member

I have just seen your sentence about bypassing the power filtering circuit.
    From this Schematic where is located the power filtering circuit ? I could reproduce it on my other circuit which is suppose to power the Udoo.

6. Laura

Laura UDOOer

There are various components between the power jack and the 12V_ALW circuit:
    A High-Side Reverse Bias / Reverse Polarity Protector With Integrated Over Voltage Transient Suppression
    Varistor
    Capacitor filter network.

All listed on page 21 of the schematic.

The 12V pin on the header connects directly to the 12V_ALW circuit.

7. Darknain

Darknain New Member

Thanks for the explanation
    Could you indicate me where is the starting potential of the power jack before all the various components to produce the 12V_ALW ?
    I can see the 12V_ALW but I don't know where it comes from.
    I would like to find all the path from the power jack to the 12V_ALW to reproduce it.

8. Laura

Laura UDOOer

The power joins the 12V_ALW Net at the functional block that contains the connector CN21.

9. Darknain

Darknain New Member

Hello,

In the manual it is adviced to power the UDOO X86 with 36W and 12V DC. But in the consommation table, the needed current seems to be at maximum 1,2 A for the N3710. Why would we need more than 1,2 A ?
    The internal stress test does it take in account the arduino 101 consumption ? I mean does the intel mercurie running at maximum performance during the stress test?

Best Regards,

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018