guess you will be glad to know you can finally download UDOObuntu 2 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) for UDOO NEO! It is the Release Candidate 1, that is the first one amongst the potential official versions of UDOObuntu 2.
We’ve focused so much on this final release before Christmas that now we are without words. After the release of Arduino programming from an external PC we feel that the board is finally suitable to really do a lot of fancy tricks. But now there’s a lot more. First of all, a unique BSP: from now on the same UDOO NEO image will work by default on each UDOO NEO model!
But let’s go ahead: there’s hot stuff under the hood!
So here it is a list – we also added GitHub links, so if you feel like contributing with pull requests and commits you can do it:
– updated to U-Boot 2015 with SPL to have a unique uboot and image for all UDOO NEO models;
– updated to Gstreamer 1.0 with gstreamer-imx plugins;
– updated Web Control Panel;
– new Arduino packages based on the Arduino board manager;
– UDOO Firmware Over the Air Uploader (UDOO FOTA) server to allow the Arduino sketch programming from an external PC;
– Device Tree Editor preinstalled: a graphical easy way to manage the external pinout configuration without recompiling the kernel device tree;
For more advanced users we are releasing the first version of the Device Tree Editor for UDOO NEO. With this tool you can mux the external pinout of UDOO NEO assigned to Cortex A9. Give it a try and let us know if something doesn’t work: your feedback is precious!
For what concerns the Kernel, there’s some improvement and we fixed a lot of bugs from Freescale BSP Community.