The powerful UDOObuntu 2 Beta is now available
Ok folks, it’s been a while, but we worked hard and got a brand new OS off-the-shelf:
it’s UDOObuntu 2!!!
Based on Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 LTS, it comes with the latest security updates since it’s supported for the next three years!
- GPU accelerated Kernel 3.14.28, from Freescale!
- apt-get update and apt-get upgrade work fine!
- Arduino IDE 1.6.5-r3, the latest one from Arduino!
- Xorg 1.15, with the latest graphic driver from Freescale supporting all Vivante GPU!
- Chromium Browser 40, WebGL enabled!
- PHP 5.5 included by default!
- Gstreamer works fine – just use gplay!
- Our Debian repository with system and application custom packages – projects and applications to be included in the future
1) regarding Boot
At the first start the image extends the partition, generates again the SSH keys, then reboots.
So do not worry if you find such behaviour on UDOO, it happens just the first time it boots.
2) regarding Arduino
If you want to program Arduino from UDOOBuntu 2, just start the Arduino IDE pre-installed. If you want to program it externally (i.e. from your PC), install Arduino IDE 1.6, add “Arduino Due” support from Board Manager and replace the bossac binary with this one
What there will be in the next beta – estimated delivery: end of August
- Qt 5 precompiled and graphic accelerated
We need you for three main tasks:
feedback: report any problem in the forum
help: if you’d like to volunteer and help in the development, here we are!
ideas: if you’d like something in the third beta of UDOObuntu 2, tell us! At this time we can’t define an ETA however.
Hope you appreciate guys! UDOObuntu 2 for UDOO Neo will be based on this version.
One more thing…
For those of you who have bought UDOO Neo via Kickstarter, your board is about to come: September is closer and closer every day! For everyone interested in buying UDOO Neo: in October it will be on sale. Sign up to our UDOO Neo Alert and you’ll get notified the very moment UDOO Neo hits the shelvs. But it’s not over! You can still by taking part in our UDOO Neo Twitter Contest until September 18th!