Use as a Lightweight Desktop PC
A common scenario is using UDOO NEO as a lightweight Desktop PC, with mouse, keyboard and monitor attached.
This configuration is typical for:
- Computer Labs \ Physical Computing Labs;
- Development Stations;
- Low Cost Desktop Replacement.
Heads up! UDOO NEO is a single board computer meant for DIY electronics. Although it's not its main use case, UDOO NEO can still be used as a Desktop PC replacement if you don't have anything more suitable. Anyway, the performance of UDOO NEO is limited and you cannot expect it to match the capabilities of your ordinary Desktop PC. UDOO NEO lacks accelerated hardware video decoding, thus watching videos on UDOO NEO is not a satisfying experience. The GUI also doesn't support some important feature for browsing that you may be used to.
The UDOO Team is aware of this limited capability and wants to inform you before hand.
Typical Configuration, what is needed:
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable (or adapter)
- Power Supply
- Micro SD Card
- HDMI Monitor
- A USB hub is stronly suggested
- Insert the UDOObuntu Micro SD Card;
- Connect keyboard and mouse directly or through USB Hub;
- Connect the Micro HDMI cable or adapter;
- If any, plug the ethernet cable;
- Turn on UDOO NEO by plugging a 12v Supply (in this configuration at least 2A is suggested).