Texas Instruments WL1831
UDOO Neo uses the Texas Instruments WL1831 to provide the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. TI’s WiLink 8 modules are pre-certified and offer high throughput and extended range along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence in a power-optimized design.
WiLink8 General Features:
- WLAN With Integrated RF Front-End Module(FEM), Power Amplifier (PA), Crystal, Switches, Filters, Passives, and Power Management on a Single Module
- Efficient Direct Connection to Battery by Employing Several Integrated Switched Mode Power Supplies (DC-DC)
- Dual-Mode Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy
- FCC, IC, and CE Certified With Chip Antenna
- Hardware Design Files and Design Guide available from TI
- HCI Transport for Bluetooth over UART and SDIO for WLAN
- Temperature Compensation Mechanism to Ensure Minimal Variation in RF Performance Over the Entire Temperature Range
- Commercial Modules Operating Temperature: –20°C to 70°C
- Small Form Factor: 13.4 × 13.3 × 2 mm
More information are available on TI Wiki.
Connecting to Wi-Fi networks
You can connect to wireless networks by:
- using the Web Control Panel, in Configuration/Network settings;
- using the network utility in the UDOObuntu desktop environment (in the bottom-right corner).
iwconfig command not work
Texas Instruments WL1831 driver doesn't support
iwconfig command. Just use the
iw command instead.
This is the Official Ubuntu Reference